Death Toll Rises To 10 In Plateau Bandit Attack

Death toll has risen to 10 following a bandit attack in Pinau village, Wase Local Government Area of Plateau State.

 

A resident of the area, Ubale Pinau, said four more bodies were found in the bush in addition to the six bodies earlier recovered on the day of the attack.

 

He added that the deceased had since been buried.

 

Troops were said to have been deployed in the area to restore law and order.

 

Recall bandits attacked the village on Wednesday evening, killing six after the withdrawal of soldiers from the area.

 

The residents of the community had on Friday (last week) raised the alarm about withdrawal of the security personnel, a development that forced hundreds of them to flee their homes.

Ubale while confirming the the death toll, however, said soldiers had been deployed in the community to provide security for the area.

 

“Four more bodies have been discovered in the bush. After the attack, people went to the bush in search of their missing loved ones and luckily some bodies were recovered. The community is calm now because soldiers have been deployed again. We hope that they (soldiers ) would not leave again,” the resident said.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

2 × four =

IGP Disu Calls For Mutual Respect, Closer Cooperation Between Police, Media

…Describes Vanguard Founder, Sam Amuka-Pemu As One Of The Defining Figures Of Nigerian journalism Inspector-General of Police, IGP Tunji Disu has encouraged journalists to pay greater attention to the human side of security reporting, stressing that responsible journalism should go

JUST IN: Mangu Killings — Police Nab Suspected Mastermind

The Police in Plateau State have arrested a key suspect linked to Tuesday’s deadly attack on Bimper village in Mangu Local Government Area. 25 people were killed, and four others were injured in that early morning attack on Kombun District.